I truly love all four seasons, but summer is finally upon us and I couldn’t be more excited. My winter running gear and “regular” clothes are packed away and my flip-flops and cute tank tops are officially in the mix. Although my daughter was born during winter, there’s something special about spending my summer days with her that makes me warm and fuzzy inside. When I look back on my first summer of being a mom I can’t help but to feel nostalgic. I love remembering our first walks and runs together, going to the beach and playing in the sand together and swimming and soaking up the sun everyday… She was just a little ball of baby cuteness, but it was one of my most favorite and memorable summers to date.
I can’t believe she’s almost 2 1/2, and that this will be our third summer hitting the beach as a family of three. Where does the time go?! Each year I’m able to do more and more activities with her, making summertime that much more fun and exciting. From strawberry picking and splash parks to kayaking and hikes, we’re already off to a pretty awesome start. I feel like we’re jam packing our days with unforgettable moments and making some wonderful memories.
To help keep the momentum going, I recently started creating a summer bucket list. I have to admit I’ve never really been one to sit down and actually create a bucket list for anything, but this year I’ve focused a bit more on writing out my career goals, goals as a mom and things I’d like to do just for fun. My summer bucket list is totally personal and completely non-career related, and it ranges from activities I’d like to do as a family of three, to activities with my daughter, to things I’d like to do all on my own. Some have already planned, some aren’t, and some we’ve already done. Either way, I’m hoping to check each activity off my list by or before the Autumn Equinox, and fill my summer with a bucket full of fun.
My Summer Bucket List
- Go kayaking under the full moon
- Go strawberry picking
- Family vacation to France
- Go for a solo run in the French Alps
- Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower
- Spend a week at the beach
- Star gaze
- Take my daughter to an Amusement park
- Go to the Aquarium
- Take a Mountain Athletics fitness class with The North Face
- Go blueberry picking
- Go peach picking
- Do a professional family photo session
- Run another half marathon
- Take my daughter to an outdoor sunset movie in the city
- Take my daughter mini golfing
- Ride my bike (outside! Not on the trainer!)
- Go hiking
- Go to the local live concerts in our town
- Go on a whale watch
- Watch the sunrise
- Watch the sunset
- Write more again just for fun and mental clarity
- Sit around a campfire
- Make the most of every day, no matter the mood, no matter the weather
Do you ever make a bucket list? What are some summer activities you love to do? Leave me a comment and tell me how you plan on spending your summer in the sun!